Templeogue College is a Catholic secondary school founded in 1966 for the education of boys living in Templeogue and surrounding areas. It is a sister school to the four other Holy Ghost schools in Ireland - Rockwell College in Cashel and Blackrock College, St. Mary's College and St. Michael's College in Dublin.
The motto of the Holy Ghost Congregation is: "One heart and one soul"
The motto of Templeogue College is: "In Virtute Scientia" - education rooted in values
These two sentiments coalesce in our educational work where we seek a sense of community manifesting itself in a family spirit, care for all students and social awareness.
Education and learning inform and broaden the mind, body and spirit. Our vision is to create a warm, stimulating and disciplined environment. The pastoral and academic climate will nurture the personal development of each student. Our teachers will be proactive in maximizing each boy’s talent to ensure that life-long learning is respected as an important value.
Ms. Aoife O'Donnell
Mr. Eddie Guilmartin
Templeogue College aims to provide a Catholic education which strives to:
- Be responsive to the needs of students in 21st century Ireland.
- Stimulate the physical, intellectual, moral, emotional and spiritual growth of the students.
- Cultivate respect for God, the Church, God's creation and for our cultural heritage.
- Be conscious of its own unique Holy Ghost traditions enhanced by Irish, European and world-wide educational experience.
- Be responsive to the needs and aspirations of both parents and students.
- Offer a focused and directed religious education and pastoral care programme.
- Prepare students for appropriate careers.
- Promote personal responsibility.
Templeogue College, together with its four sister schools operates under the trusteeship of the Des Places Educational Association.