Templeogue College aims to provide a Catholic education which strives to:
- Be responsive to the needs of students in 21st century Ireland.
- Stimulate the physical, intellectual, moral, emotional and spiritual growth of the students.
- Cultivate respect for God, the Church, God's creation and for our cultural heritage.
- Be conscious of its own unique Holy Ghost traditions enhanced by Irish, European and world-wide educational experience.
- Be responsive to the needs and aspirations of both parents and students.
- Offer a focused and directed religious education and pastoral care program.
- Prepare students for appropriate careers.
- Promote personal responsibility.
Pastoral Care and Guidance Counselling
In order to promote a caring, orderly and positive climate in the school community the college has:
- School chaplain
- Guidance Counselor
- Dean of Studies and Discipline for each year
- Report Book for weekly signature by parents
The School Chapel is an important focal point where the College community and the student body assemble for prayer and liturgical services.
A comprehensive guidance service is on offer on admission to the College. Each student is assessed and a motivation program is designed to facilitate the development of his full potential. Psychological testing forms the basis of vocational preparation and, where indicated, an on-going careers and counseling service is available.